Check Out the Recent Story on WVXU about Journey to Hope’s Job Search Programs
Virtual Job Search Support Group – NEW in March 2020
Tuesday, March 24 thru May 26 | 9-10 AM | Via ZOOM | Register Here OR
Thursdays, March 19 thru May 28 | 1:30 - 2:30 PM | Via ZOOM | Register Here
Feeling "dead in the water" because your networking events have been cancelled due to COVID-19?
Have a list of worries/concerns/fears?
- When will crisis be over?
- How do I keep my job search moving ahead, without just applying for jobs aimlessly?
- When will I find a job?
- How do I keep my family safe - physically and financially?
If any of these voices are rumbling around in your head, this is the group for you!
We will find connection through shared challenges, joys, wisdom, strategies - and lose all of the negative self-talk that goes on when we are isolated from one another. We'll also talk about stress management techniques and ways to thrive. And, with the use of the Zoom platform, you will be able to connect & network with others!
If you have a specific topic you would like to discuss, please email me ahead of the meeting.
Art of Self-Promotion
Coming Summer 2020
Do you ever struggle with what to say - OR - how to talk about yourself when you're networking? Interviewing?
This hands-on, interactive workshop provides an opportunity to:
- Craft your messages
- Create your personal marketing page
- Tap into the wisdom of the group
Leave with a well-developed marketing campaign that will bring you closer to your job search target!
Daring Greatly in Your Job Search
Coming Summer 2020!
Any job transition creates vulnerability, disconnection and isolation - from our regular routines, co-workers, family and friends. Being unemployed is a huge shame trigger: our hearts can tell us we're not worth enough even though our heads may know that's not true.
This group is about what it takes to continue to show up in the Job Search Arena courageously (which requires vulnerability) to network successfully to the next job. Walk away with tools that equip you to show up courageously for this job search - AND a lifetime!Brené Brown's Daring Way™ is the curriculum and Diane Kinsella, Certified Daring Way Facilitator, leads. Diane is one of 1700 certified facilitators world-wide. Pre-registration required.
Job Search Accelerator Coaching Group
Mon., May 4 | 1:30 - 3:30 PM | 6 weeks |Limited to 10 | $100 [$75 refundable] | Save My Seat
Note: We'll meet by ZOOM, if we must!
Ready to make serious progress in your job search?
When you join this cohort you will receive individualized coaching based on where you are in your search. Find resources, connections, and accountability in the process. You will also have a team to support you, encourage you, and share in the joys as you go, knowing that you are not alone in the job search wilderness.
This is for You, IF you are ready to:
- Make commitments each week to achieve YOUR personal goals
- Be held accountable to YOUR commitments, and
- Be dedicated to making serious progress toward YOUR next position.
You will set milestones in weeks 2, 4, and 6, and achieving them means the net fee to work with our coaches is $25. It starts with a $100 deposit, of which you can earn back $75 by meeting your goals.
Afraid to commit to a 6 week group? Think you’ll have a job before the end? You will still earn back your money…you will have achieved the ultimate goal!
Don’t miss out on this personalized opportunity! You will not “be a number” or fade into the woodwork here.
Led by graduates Joe Adamcik and Karen Forristal in January and Diane Kinsella in May.
Job Search Jump Start
Monday, March 30 | 1:30 - 3:30 PM | 6 weeks | Limited to 20 | Via ZOOM | Save My Seat
Perhaps you've been looking for a while and aren't scoring any interviews?
Maybe you've gotten first round interviews but can't get any further?
Just like the marksman needs to get ready and aim before firing, job seekers must get ready and aim before landing their "Next, Best Job." Join us for a "re-set" that will help you prepare and focus to find your next successful role.
This is a crash course based on our most successful programs:
- We will start with the StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment to understand how you uniquely contribute and define what a "right fit" looks likefor you.
- You will create some powerful statements about how you contribute for your marketing campaign.
- Next up is managing your digital handshake so that your LinkedIn profile creates a powerful first impression for people and places that would be a good fit for you.
- Finally, you will "re-launch" your search with a sharper focus on jobs that are in alignment with who you are, what you uniquely deliver, and a culture that matches.
Leveraging YOUR Strengths for Your Career Success
Coming Summer 2020
If you are:
- Trying to figure out how to express what you contribute?
- Actively/passively looking for a job?
- Miserable in your current job, but don’t know what to do to “fix” it?
If so, this group is for you! We’ll use the StrengthsFinder 2.0 and a series of other assessments that will affirm you, your strengths, and provide strong language to express how you contribute to the world. You will have the language to sell yourself in your job search marketing campaign! You’ll also have a much better understanding of what makes a position a “good fit” for you! Led by Certified Strengths Performance Coach, Diane Kinsella *Pre-registration required.
LinkedIn 101 Accelerator
Tues., April 7 | 1:30 - 3:30 PM | 4 weeks| Limited to 12 |Via ZOOM | Save My Seat
Thurs., June 4 | 1:30 - 3:30 PM | 4 weeks | Limited to 12 | Save My Seat
Are you thrilled with your LinkedIn profile?
Would you like guidance for making it your Marketing Magnet?
LinkedIn is one of the premier job search tools out there; yet, for all of its' importance in the search, it is difficult to even know where to start/how to build/how to optimized a stellar profile. Join this workshop to either start of perfect your profile so that it:
- Is optimized for LinkedIn Corporate Recruiter
- Showcases what you want to be known and found for in searches
- Reflects the best of YOU to the world!
Bring your laptop & apply what you learn "live!"
Over 55: Overcoming Ageism to Find Meaningful Work
Next Offering TBD - Check Back!
Over 55? You've no doubt wondered if ageism is real or in your head.
The"good news" is that it's NOT in your head.
The even better news is that Cincinnati Career Coach, Dana Glasgo, is here to help. This 4 week workshop will equip you with strategies for overcoming ageism that you'll be able to implement quickly. Be ready for the Fall's
corporate recruiting season.
Rising Strong in the Job Search
Tues., March 31 |7-9 PM | 7 weeks | Limited to 10 | $25| Via ZOOM | Save My Seat
- Ever challenged to get up and "out there" every day to be productive in your search?
- Do you feel alone and/or vulnerable?
- Have a hard time promoting yourself?
- Would you like to build your resiliency to keep 'eating the elephant,' one bite at a time?
The physics of vulnerability is simple: if we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall. This group is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggles gives us the power to write a daring new ending - AND LAND THE JOB we really want! Brené Brown’s Rising Strong™ is the curriculum and Diane Kinsella, Certified Daring Way Facilitator, leads. Diane is one of roughly 1700 CDWFs in the world, making it available to Greater Cincinnati.
Social Media Branding
Tues., May 12 | 7-9 PM | 5 weeks | Limited to 12 | $50 for 360 tool | Via ZOOM | Save My Seat
Does your LinkedIn profile and Social Media presence reflect your unique point of view, value proposition, and story?
LinkedIn is not only the #1 tool for recruiters & job seekers, it is also a great for entrepreneurs & employees!
Your STORY is what makes your “digital handshake” attractive to the people and businesses that are good partners for you. Learn through a 360 assessment what your brand is (from the outside in)– and then how to create your marketing magnet on the right social media for you.
Led by Certified Social Media Branding Analyst, Diane Kinsella. Cost: $50 to cover the cost of assessments, tools and materials. *Pre-registration required.
What’s My Next? – New in 2020
Check back for next offering!
- Did you know that a recent Gallup poll reported 70% of people are "unhappy and uninspired at work?" YIKES!!!
- Do you or someone you know feel like this?
- Are you waiting for "SOMEDAY" to travel, make friends, learn new skills, spend time with your loved one, and so on...
- Would you like to create a more meaningful life and career now...not someday...and be the pilot of your life?
Join us for a 6-week journey through ten hacks to make the rest of your life the BEST of your life - because "Someday" is NOT a day of the week! Coach Diane Kinsella will be your guide to co-create a plan to achieve your SOMEDAY! Let's turn your "Someday I Wish" into "Today I Will!" Pre-registration required.
Take the Mystery Out of Money (& Discover How it Can Work for YOU)
Coming in Summer 2020!
- Do financial terms make your head hurt?
- Does reading financial statements seem like you're reading Greek?
- Do you ever wonder, "Will I be OK financially?"
If you answered, "YES!" to any of the questions above, this is the group for you! Learn from Linda Bauer, Viceroy Wealth, what financial security means to you and what tools you need to get there. Bring your questions (and ALL questions are GOOD)!
Let's take the fear out of money once and for all!